- Preheat the oven to 190C and lightly butter the insides of 2 x 8cm-diameter soufflé ramekins.
- Sprinkle with sugar, then rotate the dish to make sure the interior is completely coated in sugar.
- In a bowl cream the yolks with a tablespoon of sugar until pale. Stir in the passionfruit juice, then set aside.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites with a generous pinch of salt and half the second tablespoon of sugar.
- As the whites reach soft, billowing peaks, add the remaining sugar and continue to whisk until the peaks firm.
- Whisk a third of the whites into the yolks, then carefully fold in the rest.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the soufflés are puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately, dusted with icing sugar.