Lemon blueberry slice
( MAKES 18 slices )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
This slice lasts 2-3 days but can be frozen up to two months if you wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and freeze. The individual serves are perfect to pack, still frozen, in lunchboxes as they defrost by lunchtime.
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon, freshly zested|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour, sifted|
|1 cup||Blueberries, fresh or frozen|
- Preheat oven to 175C on fan bake. Line a 17x27cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper, allowing an overhang.
- Beat butter, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs and sour cream.
- Gently stir in flour to just combine. Spread into the prepared tin. Scatter blueberries over surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until firm and golden brown. Remove to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, beat butter with icing sugar and lemon juice until creamy then spread over surface of slice. Cut into squares or diamonds to serve.