Grilled pork chop with white beans, fennel and spicy sausage
It may seem unusual to eat a pork-based sausage with a pork chop, but it works well. This recipe, based on an Italian dish, combines white beans with fennel and sausage to create a great accompaniment for grilled lamb or roast chicken. Even better, it's ready to eat in 30 minutes.
- In a shallow frying pan heat half the butter until it is melted and foaming.
- Add the chops, then cook until golden brown - about 4 minutes.
- Turn them over, season with salt and pepper, then cook for another 4-6 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove the chops from the pan and keep them warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan, then add the garlic (peeled and crushed) and fry until golden.
- Add the finely diced sausage and cook until fragrant - about 2 minutes. Pour in the sherry, then cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans (cooked), fennel (thinly sliced) and cream and simmer until the fennel is just cooked and the liquid has reduced by half.
- Taste the sauce and season if necessary. Serve the chops with the beans underneath.