Tomato and anchovy risotto
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Heat stock, tomatoes and their juice together in a saucepan. Heat a large heavy-based pan, add oil, garlic and onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes to toast but not brown. Add one ladle full of hot stock and stir well.
- When the rice has absorbed the liquid, add another ladle of stock.
- Continue to stir and keep adding hot liquid until it is all absorbed.
- After 15-20 minutes the rice should be al dente and creamy.
- Stir in anchovies and parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover pan and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Serve with extra parmesan if desired.