Creamy Sweetcorn Soup
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by iStock
- Puree the kernels - using a hand-held blender or food processor - until smooth. Place in a heavy, wide-based saucepan with the water.
- Heat over very low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent the mixture sticking to the base.
- When the mixture is warm, add the vegetable stock. Simmer gently for five minutes.
- Blend, until smooth. Sieve and season.
- Add the cream and oregano and slowly bring back to the boil.
- Season with lemon juice.