Pumpkin and Kumara Soup
( SERVES 6 )
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over low heat for five minutes, until soft.
- Add the peeled, seeded and cubed kumara and pumpkin. Stir well.
- Add the flour and stir, cooking for one to two minutes.
- Add the seasonings and stock. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until soft and the flavours have mellowed.
- Puree with a hand-held blender or in a food processor.
- Return to the saucepan together with the coconut cream. Heat through gently - do not boil.
Great topped with sprigs of coriander.