Smoked salmon and prosciutto roll with green beans and hazelnut vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
A platter of cured meats, cheese and vegetables is often all that is served for lunch at home, along with a basket of crusty bread with which to mop up leftover dressing or sauce. Here, I combine salmon and prosciutto with just-cooked beans, giving the platter a sophisticated air.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, then cook the trimmed beans until tender - about 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in iced water, then drain again through a sieve and dry in a tea towel.
- In a bowl mix the toasted hazelnuts, chives (chopped), oil, lemon zest and juice, then season with salt and pepper. Lightly toss the beans in the dressing.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap arrange 4 slices of prosciutto vertically and overlapping to form a rough rectangle. Place 2 slices of salmon in the same fashion on top of the prosciutto. Lie the beans horizontally across the salmon, then roll up tightly in the plastic wrap, tying it at each end.
- Repeat until all the salmon, prosciutto and beans are used up. Refrigerate until needed.
- Slice the rolls into 3cm-wide pieces, then unwrap and place on a serving platter. Spoon over the remaining dressing.