Photo by iStock
For some of us, chocolate roughs remind us of our childhood. They're great with an ice cold glass of milk or try them as an after-dinner nibble when you have guests.
- Place the chocolate, water and butter in a microwave-proof bowl.
- Cook on medium (50 per cent) power for 1-2 minutes or until just melted.
- Stir well and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Add sufficient cereal or desiccated coconut to make a stiff mixture. Mix carefully.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture on to a wax paper-lined baking tray.
Corn flakes or puffed rice cereal are a good substitute for desiccated coconut.