Pomegranate and champagne jelly
- Pour the champagne or sparkling wine into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Use pomegranate seeds or 3 pomegranates.
- Cut two of the pomegranates in half and squeeze the juice and seeds into the saucepan.
- Add the zest and juice from the lemon, bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat then cover with a lid and remove from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Soak the gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water until they have softened.
- Drain the water and squeeze the excess liquid from the sheets.
- Strain the pomegranate and champagne juice into a saucepan and stir in the gelatine sheets until dissolved - a matter of seconds.
- Whisk the mixture to dissolve any stubborn leaves of gelatine.
- Pour into a clean container and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Break open the third pomegranate and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Remove the jelly from the container and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Divide between 4 bowls. Pile the seeds on top and drizzle cream over the top.