Photo by iStock
Lemon squares pictured in the foreground
- Grease the base of a 28cm x 20cm slice pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and combine with the condensed milk. Finely crush the buscuits, grate the lemon rind and add to the remaining ingredients.
- Press into the pan. Level the top by rolling with a straight-sided glass.
- To prepare the icing, soften the cream cheese and butter and beat together well. Add the lemons rind. Gradually mix in the icing sugar to the required consistency.
- Spread over the biscuit base and refrigerate. When firm, cut into squares. Decorate the top as preferred. Some recommended garnishes are lemon peel, chopped candied peel or icing flowers.