Fried fish with chilli jam and coconut
( SERVES 2 )
Hot chilli jam, creamy coconut and cool cucumber are perfect partners. This meal is also good with steamed rice.
|270 ml||Coconut cream|
|1 bunch||Fresh coriander, including root, chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|1||Red chilli, chopped, use 2 if desired|
|1 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1||Lime, juice only|
|2 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|½ cup||Mint leaves|
|300 g||White fish fillets, use up to 400g|
|½ cup||Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper|
- Bring the coconut cream to the boil in a small saucepan, then reduce the heat and simmer until it looks like thick cream. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Reserve ½ cup coriander leaves for the salad. Blend the rest of the coriander, salt, garlic and chillies to a smooth paste. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and bring almost to the boil to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and cool.
- Deseed and slice cucumber on the diagonal and mix with reserved coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Dust fish fillets with seasoned flour and fry in a little oil until golden on each side.
- Serve fish topped with reduced coconut cream and chilli jam, cucumber salad on the side.