Potato pancakes with smoked fish and poached egg
These pancakes are simple to make, and can be served on their own for breakfast or for lunch as a fabulous entrée preceding the lamb.
- Grate the potatoes (peeled), then combine with the shallots (finely chopped), 1 egg and seasoning in a food processor. Spoon the mixture into a large bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add some butter. When the butter is gently foaming, drop in spoonfuls of pancake mix.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy, then turn and cook the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper and keep them warm while you cook the rest.
- You will need 2 pancakes per person.
- Divide the pancakes between 4 plates and top each with flaked fish and a poached egg (4 in total).
- Season and break open the egg yolks as you serve them.