Red chicken curry
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
Homemade curry pastes can last up to four days in the fridge if covered. Leftover paste can be frozen for up to a month in zip-lock plastic bags, although it will lose some vibrancy of flavour. Make sure you flatten the bag to remove all the air and label with the date.
- Place onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, tomato paste and all spices into a food processor and blend to form a red curry paste.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook sliced chicken, tossing to brown all over. This may need to be completed in 2-3 batches.
- Remove chicken to one side. Add prepared red curry paste to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan with the stock.
- Bring to the boil then gently simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes until liquid is reduced to a rich sauce and chicken is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve scattered with fresh coriander.