- Wash the mussels and place in a pan with a cup of water over a high heat. As the mussels open, remove them with tongs.
- When all are opened, remove the mussels from the shells, discarding the beard and tough foot.
- Divide the mussels in half. Process half in a food processor so they are almost puréed, then roughly chop the other half so they are chunky.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy frypan and add the onion and curry powder, stirring often until the onion is soft and cooked through.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the flour and coconut cream to form a smooth batter.
- Add the mussel purée, the chopped mussels, the onion, the parsley and the salt and pepper. Stand the batter for at least 10 minutes.
- To cook the fritters, heat some of the remaining oil in a heavy frying pan. Drop tablespoons of mixture into the heated pan and cook over a gentle heat until golden.
- Turn and cook the other side, then remove to a heated plate.
- Cook about 5-6 at a time, adding a little oil as needed.
- Makes 18-24 fritters. Serve warm with a wedge of lemon or lime.