Crumbed scallops with grilled tomatoes and salsa verde
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Parmesan cheese|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Fresh oregano|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Put the breadcrumbs into a bowl and season.
- Add the parmesan and parsley, then just enough olive oil to soften.
- Press the crumbs on the scallops then bake for approximately 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with the grilled tomatoes, salsa verde, shaved parmesan and lemon.
- To grill the tomatoes; drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, then place cut side down on a hot grill or pan.
- Leave for a couple of minutes then turn over and season, top with a little fresh oregano and cook for a further minute or until tender, depending on size.
- To make the salsa verde; put the ingredients into a food processor and blend with enough olive oil until combined but still coarse.