Carrot cake muffins
Sometimes the casual flair of cafe food is just what is needed when sharing good food with friends in the comfort of your own nest. Makes 10 muffins.
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|½ cup||Sunflower oil|
|2 cups||Carrots, finely grated|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|5||Kiwifruit, baby if available, halved to decorate|
Cream chees icing
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C on fan bake). Cut 10 paper collars from non-stick baking paper, measuring 10cm x 20cm. Roll into cylinders and place in 10 ½-cup capacity little cake tins or ramekins to fit on a baking tray.
- Combine eggs, sugar, golden syrup and oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until creamy. Stir in yoghurt and grated carrot.
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir briefly until just combined. Spoon into prepared paper cylinders to ¾ fill and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Tie with twine and top with cream cheese icing and sliced baby kiwi fruit if desired.
- For the cream cheese icing, combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Add lemon zest and juice and beat to combine.