Carrot Cake Muffins
( SERVES 10 )
Sometimes the casual flair of cafe food is just what is needed when sharing good food with friends in the comfort of your own nest.
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|½ cup||Sunflower oil|
|2 cups||Carrots, finely grated|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|5||Kiwifruit, baby if available, halved to decorate|
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- Preheat oven to 200 degC (180 degC on fan bake). Cut 10 paper collars from non-stick baking paper, measuring 10cm x 20cm. Roll into cylinders and place in 10 1⁄2-cup capacity little cake tins or ramekins to fit on a baking tray.
- Combine eggs, sugar, golden syrup and oil in a mixing bowl and whisk until creamy. Stir in yoghurt and grated carrot.
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir briefly until just combined. Spoon into prepared paper cylinders to 3⁄4 fill and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Tie with twine and top with cream cheese icing and sliced baby kiwi fruit if desired.
- Cream cheese icing:Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth. Add lemon zest and juice and beat to combine.