Wendy's Delovely Cookies
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1¼ cups||Rolled oats|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Chocolate bits|
|5 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds|
|70 g||Sliced almonds|
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Prepare 2 large well-greased trays.
- Beat the softened butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in the beaten egg.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fold this into the butter mixture. Blend in the coconut, rolled oats and vanilla essence. Finally, stir in the chocolate, seeds and almonds.
- Drop dessertspoonfuls onto the trays, and press down lightly with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Store in an airtight tin.
Here are 2 decorating options. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over boiling water and spread a little chocolate on the underside of each cookie. Dry on a cake rack. For the icing, melt the butter, then stir in the icing sugar and passionfruit pulp (juice and seeds) until well-mixed and stiff. Spread a little icing on the underside of one cookie, then sandwich it together with a second cookie.