Cinnamon chocolate baby cakes
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
Work quickly, fold gently and you’ve whipped up the perfect sponge.
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Sour cream|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
Glossy chocolate icing
- Heat oven to 190C (or 170C on fan bake).
- Grease and lightly dust with flour six individual 1-cup capacity cake or muffin pans
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. Transfer to a bowl and add sugar, sour cream and egg and beat until sugar has dissolved.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and gently stir to just combine.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until cakes test cooked when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Once cold, drizzle with glossy chocolate icing.
- For the glossy chocolate icing, place cream, chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water or microwave in short bursts.
- Stir to combine into a smooth icing.