Roast figs with oranges and honey mascarpone
This easy autumn dessert relies on fantastic fresh figs and oranges. I've used mascarpone here, but vanilla-bean, walnut or hazelnut ice cream are good substitutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Make a cross in each fig, cutting a third of the way through. Place the figs in an ovenproof dish and pour in the Grand Marnier and wine. Arrange the oranges (peeled and cut into segments) around the figs.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the figs are soft. Remove the figs and oranges from the syrup and set aside to cool to room temperature, reserving the syrup.
- Lightly mix together the mascarpone and honey, then fold in the roughly chopped almonds.
- To serve, arrange the figs and oranges on a serving dish. Drizzle over the syrup. Place a spoonful of the mascarpone mixture next to each fig and serve.