Grilled chicken with apricot couscous
- Bring the stock to the boil in a deep saucepan, then pour in the couscous.
- Bring back to a simmer, season with salt and cook for 10 minutes until the couscous is tender.
- Drain through a sieve. Let it cool to room temperature, then tip it into a large bowl. Toss with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, then cook the onion over a medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add to the frypan with the lemon zest and cook a few more minutes.
- Halve and stone the apricots, then cut each piece into thirds and stir into the onion mixture.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the couscous. Add the lemon juice, harissa paste and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roughly chop the parsley, add to the bowl and gently toss together. Check the seasoning, adding a little salt if required.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue. Oil the chicken (free-range) and cook on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- This should take about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and slice each breast into 5-6 pieces.
- Place a pile of couscous in the centre of each plate and top with chicken slices. Serve immediately.