Poached peach with lemon verbena sabayon
( SERVES 6 )
- Set aside 80ml of the riesling. Bring the remaining wine, water, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Score the top of the peaches with the tip of a sharp knife and carefully poach them for 3 minutes. Remove them to a plate with a slotted spoon. Peel, and allow to cool.
- Reduce the poaching syrup until thick, about 5 minutes. Pour about 5cm of water into the bottom of a saucepan and bring it to a bare simmer. In a mixing bowl over the water, whisk together the yolks, sugar and riesling.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is a thick, pale yellow. This should take about 8 minutes. Add the lemon verbena (chopped).
- Place the peaches on individual serving plates, spoon the reduced syrup around them and top with the sabayon.