Grilled peach with almond biscuit, creme fraiche and mint
( SERVES 4 )
|4||Peaches, halvec and pitted|
|150 g||Amaretti biscuits, crumbled|
|2 Tbsp||Muscovado sugar, or soft brown sugar|
|1 to taste||Butter|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the crumbled almond biscuits(or Ameretti biscuits) with the egg and sugar.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the hollow in the peach.
- Place the peach halves in a lightly buttered ovenproof dish and bake for 30 minutes until the fruit is tender and the almond mixture has caramelised slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve either hot or cold with crème fraîche and snipped mint leaves.
- Biscuits:Preheat the oven to 130C. Combine the almonds, first measure of sugar and flour.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff-peak stage; then slowly add the second measure of sugar and continue to mix until glossy and stiff.
- Now fold in the almond essence and the lemon zest (2tsp).
- Grease and flour a flat baking sheet - or line one with baking paper - and place teaspoons of meringue on it.
- Bake for one hour. Turn the heat off and allow the biscuits to cool in the oven for a further hour.
- Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the biscuits to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.