Chocolate and hazelnut pots of cream with brandy snaps
( SERVES 4 )
Satisfy a chocolate craving with these elegant and charming little custards.
- Preheat the oven to 140C.
- Warm the cream in a saucepan until it starts to simmer, then add the chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon until the chocolate melts.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, then gently stir in the Nutella until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the yolks and sugar until thick and creamy - about 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the chocolate mix, then blend thoroughly. Pour the mixture into 4 little ovenproof pots or ramekins.
- Put the pots into a deep baking dish, then place on the lower rack of the oven.
- Pour enough hot water into the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the pots.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until slightly puffed up and just set at the edges. They should still be soft.
- Remove the pots from the baking dish, then transfer to the fridge for several hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream and a garnish of brandy-snap pieces.