|1||Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|330 ml||White wine vinegar|
|400 ml||Dry white wine|
|325 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|80 ml||Mustard seed oil, optional|
|4||Red chillies, split, but left whole|
|1 bunch||Fresh thyme|
|4 stalks||Fresh rosemary|
- Put the cauliflower florets into a large glass or stainless-steel bowl.
- To make the pickling liquid, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan (chillies split but left woleand bring to the boil over a high heat. Continue to boil for 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced to about 5 cups.
- Pour the hot liquid over the cauliflower florets. Make sure all the florets are submerged in the liquid by putting a saucer on top of them and covering with plastic wrap.
- When cold, transfer everything to a sterilised 2-litre glass or plastic container.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours before eating. Use within a month.