Spaghetti with cauliflower strascicata
( SERVES 4 )
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain. As it cools toss with a little of the oil.
- In a large, heavy frying pan heat the remaining oil over a medium heat, add the cauliflower (chopped into thumbnail-sized pieces) and fry until just starting to colour.
- Add the garlic, mix well, then add the finely chopped anchovies, chilli, capers and olives (pitted and chopped). When the cauliflower is a rich, golden colour and is almost tender, add half the parsley and the cooked spaghetti.
- When the spaghetti is hot, add the crumbs (fried in oil til crisp), grated parmesan and remainder of the parsley. As the parmesan starts to stick to the pan, use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.