Sliced brussell sprouts with bacon, walnuts and parsley
- Wash the brussels sprouts and trim well, removing the core. Slice finely and set aside.
- Cut the bacon into cubes about 1cm thick. Heat the butter in a wide frying pan and cook the bacon until golden brown.
- Add the stock (or use water or wine) to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the sliced brussels sprouts and toss well. Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes until tender but still brightly coloured.
- Season to taste, adding the walnuts (fresh shelled walnuts, toasted), parsley and the juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Combine well and tip the mixture into a warmed serving bowl. Serve at once. This dish is a perfect accompaniment for a casserole or other meaty dish.