Chocolate Fondant with Berries Jubilee
( SERVES 6 )
With its gooey centre and citrus zing berry accompaniment, this dinner party fondant dessert is sure to impress your guests.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Break the chocolate into small pieces, then place in a bowl with the butter.
- Sit the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Leave the chocolate and butter to melt, then beat the eggs, sugar and flour until combined.
- Remove the bowl of chocolate from the heat and whisk in the egg mixture until it is shiny and glossy.
- Grease 4 ramekins or ovenproof cups with a smear of butter, then pour in the mixture and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- The top of the fondants will still look wet when they are removed from the oven, but this is okay.
- Let them cool slightly, then run the tip of a sharp knife around the edge of the dish and carefully invert them onto individual serving plates.
- Spoon some berries jubilee next to them and serve.
- Berries Jubilee:Place the sugar, orange juice and zest in a frying pan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Swirl in the butter and mix well, then add the berries. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then remove from the heat while you add the brandy.
- Set the pan alight using a long lighter and return the pan to the heat until the flames die down.