Strawberry panna cotta with lavender jelly
For an artistic finish to your meal, we can't go past this exquisite dessert.
- Simmer the milk, cream and sugar for 5-6 minutes to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water until they are softened and slippery. Discard the water, then stir the gelatine into the hot cream mixture.
- Put the strawberries into a food processor, then purée until smooth. Pour the purée into the cream mixture, then strain into a jug.
- Divide the strawberry cream mixture between 4 individual cups or ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until set. Dip the base of each dish into warm water for a second or two, then turn them out. Serve with lavender jelly and fresh strawberries.
- Lavender Syrup: Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water until slippery, then drain off the soaking water.
- Pour the boiling water onto the gelatine, then stir until it dissolves.
- Pour in the lavender syrup and taste - it may need a little more sugar. Pour the liquid into a shallow tray, then refrigerate until set. Cut the jelly into shapes, then serve.
- Lavender Jelly: Boil the water, then pour it over the lavender flowers and leave overnight to macerate. The next day, put the water, flowers and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Strain and discard the flowers, then leave the syrup to cool.