Grilled steak with roasted garlic mayonnaise
( SERVES 2 )
|1 to drizzle||Grapeseed oil|
|360 g||Sirloin steaks|
|2 small||French stick|
|1 bunch||Rocket leaves|
- Lightly oil the steaks and cook on a hot barbecue until slightly charred on the outside but still deep pink inside - about 5 minutes each side.
- Leave the steaks to rest and keep warm at the side of the grill.
- Cut the bread in half and spread thickly with garlic mayonnaise. Pile the rocket leaves on the bottom piece of bread, then slice the tomatoes and place on top.
- Cut the steaks, arrange over the sandwich and serve.
To prepare the garlic mayonnaise:
- Squeeze the garlic cloves (roasted) from their skins and place the flesh in a food processor with a pinch of salt. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice of a lemon and mustard and purée until smooth.
- Combine the oils and, with the motor running, slowly pour into the egg yolks until the mixture starts to thicken and become shiny.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.