Blueberry pikelets with lemon curd and yoghurt
The humble pikelet gets a makeover in this fruity version, and served with yoghurt it's delicious for dessert or afternoon tea.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Beat the egg and sugar until thick and creamy, then tip this with the milk into the well in the flour. Fold in until just combined. Allow to stand for a few minutes before adding the blueberries.
- Heat a heavy frying pan to a low to medium heat and grease the surface with a little butter. Drop level tablespoonfuls of mixture into the pan, making 4 or 5 pikelets at a time.
- When bubbles come to the surface and the underside is golden, flip the pikelets and cook the other side. Repeat this process, keeping the cooked pikelets warm in a clean folded tea towel.
- Serve immediately with lemon curd and a small dollop of thick yoghurt.