Blueberry and nectarine frangipane tart
( SERVES 8 )
Aromatic and delicious, this tart is lovely served with icecream or cream on the side.
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter(ice cold) and sugar in the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the egg yolk and water and mix briefly until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Turn out onto the bench and knead to form a ball. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. To bake, roll the pastry out on a floured bench, then line a 24-26cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Rest the pastry shell for at least 20 minutes before filling and baking.
- To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar until light an fluffy. Slowly beat in the eggs, then add the vanilla and juice of half alemon before folding in the flour and almonds.
- Cover the pastry shell with the sliced nectarines(stoned and sliced) and blueberries. Spoon the frangipane mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake on a preheated baking sheet for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C.
- Bake a further 15 minutes until the frangipane feels firm to the touch. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the icing sugar over and finish in the oven for 10 minutes so the top browns nicely.
- Serve warm or cold with blueberry ice cream or whipped cream.