Grilled beef porterhouse steak with mustard mayonnaise and broccoli salad
( SERVES 4 )
|800 g||Porterhouse steaks, 4 x 200g pieces|
|1 to drizzle||Vegetable oil|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|3 tsp||Dijon mustard|
Broccoli, almond and tomato salad
- Heat a grill, ridged grill-pan or frying pan. Use a sharp knife to make several cuts through the fat and slightly into the meat as this will stop it curling as it cooks.
- Lightly oil the steaks before putting them onto the heat. For juicy and medium rare steaks, cook them for about 7 minutes per side, turning once and seasoning with salt and pepper once you have done so.
- Remove from the heat, wrap loosely in foil and leave them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the mustard and mayonnaise, then spread across the upper side of the meat.
- Salad: Cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for about 4 minutes, then drain and set aside in a warm bowl.
- Chop and seed the tomatoes, then add to the broccoli. Chop the garlic and tarragon finely, then chop the chives into 2cm lengths.
- Mix the herbs with the oil, lemon juice and almonds, then gently toss through the broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.