- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the wine and any shellfish into a saucepan and heat until they open.
- Remove the shellfish, reserving the juices (this will be the shellfish stock).
- Remove the meat from the shells and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan, then add the garlic, leek and onion. Cook until soft and golden brown, then add the carrot and cook until it looks shiny and soft.
- Add the bacon and chorizo and cook until fragrant. Add the beans, potato and tomato with enough shellfish stock to just cover the beans. Bring to a simmer then cook for 10 minutes before adding the herbs.
- Transfer the contents to a deep casserole dish. Add the shellfish and fish, pushing them well down into the beans. Sprinkle the surface of the cassoulet with the breadcrumbs and place the dish in the oven.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden and the liquid has reduced. Serve immediately, accompanied by green salad and crusty bread.