Simple bread rolls
- Preheat the oven to 200C with a shallow dish of water in the bottom - the steam helps produce a nice crust.
- Mix the water and yeast together in a bowl and place in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, sugar and salt. Combine the two sets of ingredients together, and using the dough hook, mix on low speed until the dough is smooth and starts to leave the sides of the bowl. It will look quite wet.
- Place in a warm place to prove and double in volume for about 2 hours.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and knock back gently using the palms of your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 100g balls and using a cupped hand form into smooth rolls.
- Place onto a greased tray and cover with cling film. Leave the tray in a warm place to prove again for 20-30 minutes.
- Dust the tops of the rolls with flour and cut the top of each with a sharp knife.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. When done, the bottom should sound hollow when tapped.