( SERVES 2 )
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|3||Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes|
|1||Onion, cut into thin rings|
|1 piece||Celery, diced|
|2||Kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly|
|2||Chilli, seeded, cut into julienne strips|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp||Ground paprika|
|2 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|200 g||Fish fillets|
|12||Mussels, in shells, cleaned|
|2 large||Prawns, peeled and deveined|
|100 g||Squid tubes, tube in rings and tentacles|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander, chopped|
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry pan until fragrant, then grind to a powder and reserve.
- Fry the potato (cubed) in half the oil, tossing well until lightly golden and almost cooked. Remove and reserve.
- Gently fry the onion (cut into thin rings) and celery in the remaining oil until soft. Add the lime leaves, chilli (seeded, cut into julienne strips), garlic, paprika and turmeric. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the onion and spice mixture. Season the fish and place on top of the potatoes.
- Add the tomato concassé and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook gently for 3 minutes. Add the mussels (in shells) and prawns (peeled and deveined) Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squid. Cook only until all seafood is just cooked.
- Adjust seasoning and add coriander. Serve with couscous.
To prepare concasse:
- Cut the tomatoes in half across the centre, scoop out the seeds and chop the flesh into dice about ½-1cm. Cover and store in the fridge.