Imelda's beef curry
- Chop the onions roughly.
- Crush, peel and chop the garlic.
- Place the onion and garlic in the base of the slow cooker.
- Place the bay leaves on top.
- Trim the fat from the meat, then cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Place on top of the onions.
- Mix the vinegar, chilli, turmeric, paprika, coconut cream, stock and soy sauce together. Pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with steamed rice or noodles and garnish with fresh mint.
Tip: Meatless meals are probably the easiest place to start your dollar-wise approach to slow cooking. Dried beans, lentils and chickpeas form the basis of many of these types of meals, providing inexpensive alternatives to meat.