Chicken with raspberry vinegar sauce
Surprise your guests with the tangy treat of chicken laden with raspberry vinegar sauce.
|¼ cup||Raspberry vinegar|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 to taste||Ground black pepper|
|1 cup||Frozen raspberries|
- Cut breasts in half lengthwise and put in a plastic bag.
- Whisk the vinegar, two tablespoons of the olive oil, mustard, spring onion and pepper until well combined.
- Pour over the chicken. Move it around until well coated. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small heavy frying pan.
- Pat the chicken dry. Pan-fry for about two minutes on each side, until lightly coloured.
- Place in a small oven dish. Cover and place in the oven for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the marinade to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat. Add the raspberries and heat through. Sweeten with honey or sugar if required.
- Thicken, if preferred, with the cornflour mixed to a paste with the water. Heat gently until thick.
- Slice each chicken breast into four or five pieces. Arrange on serving plates.Top with the raspberry sauce.