Chicken and pumpkin curry
( SERVES 6 )
Made in a slow cooker, this chicken and pumpkin curry is simple to prepare and will smell beautiful and aromatic by the time it's ready.
- Remove as much of the chicken skin as possible.
- Chop the onion finely. Crush, peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut the pumpkin into 2cm cubes.
- Place the onion, garlic and pumpkin in the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top.
- Mix the curry paste, coconut milk, stock powder and fish sauce together. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and take the meat from the bones. Return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Mix the basil into the curry and serve with noodles or rice.