Pork loin chop with potato and onion rosti, roasted tomatoes and spinach
( SERVES 4 )
The rosti is a lovely potato recipe to have on hand when you want to make something a bit different. The best ones I've ever eaten were cooked by Austrian or German cooks, who say rosti must be crispy on the outside and meltingly tender on the inside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, and when the butter starts to foam, add the chops and garlic.
- Cook until the chops turn golden brown, then turn, season with salt and pepper, lower the heat and cook the other side for about 5 minutes - until still pink on the inside.
- Lift out the chops, sprinkle with thyme leaves, then keep warm.
- Turn up the heat under the frying pan, add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Swirl in the cream, then leave it to bubble and reduce until the sauce is tight around the leaves.
- Add the lemon juice, check the seasoning, then serve alongside the chops.