Nutty rolled oat cookies
Photo by Nutty rolled oats cookies
Oats add texture to muffins, pancakes, cookies and cakes, and of course are an important ingredient in crumble toppings - try it over a combo of apple and banana.
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degC.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the sugar, flour, rolled oats, coarsely chopped peanuts and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and honey on low heat. Dissolve the soda in boiling water and add to the butter mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the liquid.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the prepared trays. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the trays with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.