Photo by iStock
Galette is a French term for a flat, round pastry that can be covered with any kind of fruit. Simple and quick to put together.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Line one or two baking trays with baking paper.
- Seive apricot jam, chop walnuts.
- Using a 12cm diameter bowl cut out four rounds of pastry. Brush with jam.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
- Place slices over the pastry circles, overlapping them slightly like scales on a fish. Brush with more jam.
- Place galettes on trays.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until pastry is crisp and the apples are slightly browned around the edges.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and dust with icing sugar.