Simple grated apple cake.
- Preheat oven to 190 degC.
- Lightly grease and line an 18cm round cake pan.
- Place flour and baking powder in a food processor and blend to mix.
- Add choppped butter and pulse until mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Mix in brown sugar.
- Turn into a bowl.
- Coarsely grate cored and peeled apples, and add to flour mixture.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Mix into dry ingredients to form a soft-drop consistency. Pour into prepared cake pan. Smooth the top then sprinkle with the white sugar.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until cake is golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.