Slow-cooker baked apples
Photo by Apples.
To keep these apples in perfect condition for serving after the main course, turn the slow-cooker control to the hold position as soon as the apples are just cooked.
- Combine brown sugar, chopped nuts, glace peel, butter and cinnamon.
- With the point of a sharp knife, make a cut around the circumference of the apples.
- Using an apple corer, remove the cores from the apples, then fill with the nut mixture.
- Place in the slow cooker. Add the apple juice or cider.
- Cover and cook on high for about two to two-and-a-half hours until the apples are soft when tested with a thin skewer.
- If overcooked, the apples will collapse.