Little Walnut Cookies
Walnut meal is available from most delis and some supermarkets. The texture of the finely ground walnuts is similar to that of ground almonds.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla until creamy. Sift in flour. Add walnut meal. Mix well.
- Take teaspoons of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared tray. Flatten gently with a small fork.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with icing sugar.