Crusty penne and broccoli
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Jan Bilton
- Cook pasta - together with onion - according to packet instructions.
- Add broccoli florets during last three minutes of cooking.
- Drain, reserving about one-and-a-half cups of cooking water.
- Return water to saucepan. Add stock cube and cornflour and whisk to dissolve.
- Whisk in mustard and sour cream. Bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta and vegetables, grated cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan. Grill until golden.
- A diced red pepper can also be added to the mixture before baking.
- Cheddar cheese can be substituted with Blue Vein.