Chocolate velvet pudding
The very name of this dessert suggests a wonderful velvety texture, a perfect finish to a dinner party meal.
- Measure the gelatine into a small bowl. Mix with the milk and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Mix the cocoa and sugar in a pot. Add the water and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the softened gelatine mixture and the vanilla essence.
- Stand the pot in cold water to cool the mixture until it is thick but not set. Keeping the chilled unsweetened condensed milk as cold as possible, empty the can into a large bowl and beat until very thick and frothy.
- Pour the cold but still-liquid gelatine mixture slowly into the whipped condensed milk, beating continuously. As soon as the mixtures are blended, pour it into 2 large bowls or 8 individual serving bowls to set. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.