Roast tomatoes with anchovies and mozzarella
( SERVES 2 )
Soft mozzarella and bocconcini are available in pottles of brine at most supermarkets, so a trip to the deli is unnecessary. The anchovies are optional, but they work well here.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Core the large ripe tomatoes and slice them in half around the equator.
- Place them cut-side up in a roasting dish, then pour a little oil over the top. Cook until the tops begin to blacken.
- Crush the garlic cloves and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Slice the mozzarella thickly and pile on top of the tomatoes. Finely chop the anchovies and sprinkle over the top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling - about 10 minutes.
- Toss the rocket leaves in olive oil and season with salt only.
- Arrange the leaves in piles on individual plates, then top with the tomatoes and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
- Serve with crusty bread.