Chocolate and walnut tart
Lift your spirits with this warm chocolatey tart, served with lashings of whipped cream.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the butter and flour in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Mix in the egg and water (chilled) until a firm dough forms.
- Roll the pastry between 2 sheets of plastic wrap then line a 22cm shallow tart tin. Line the case with baking paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake in the oven until lightly coloured, then remove the paper and return the case to the oven to bake until it is light sandy-brown and dry to the touch.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan with the honey and sugar. Pour in the cream and bring to the boil.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and walnuts and add to the pan. Remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour into the tart case and return to the oven, baking for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool before serving with a good dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar.