Beetroot carpaccio with feta and walnuts
The combination of ingredients in this summery salad make it a taste sensation.
|200 ml||Greek yoghurt|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|20 cubes||Feta, 20cm x 20cm|
|½ cup||Standard flour|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fine and dry|
|2||Beetroot, peeled and very thinly sliced (use a mandoline or slicer)|
|¼ cup||Walnuts, freshy cracked|
|2||Pears, very finely sliced|
- Season the yoghurt with salt and pepper and combine with the chives. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Dredge the feta cubes lightly with flour, then coat with egg and breadcrumbs.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown all over. Keep warm while assembling the rest of the salad.
- Dress the beetroot slices with the vinaigrette (made with lemon juice) and arrange them, carpaccio-style, in an overlapping circle on 4 plates.
- Toss the rocket (leaves) and walnuts (chopped) in the vinaigrette and centre them in a mound in the middle of the beetroot.
- Add a few slices of pear to the top, then a dollop of yoghurt. Place a couple of the nicest pear slices on top as a garnish.
- Divide the feta cubes around and over the salad. Add a grating or two of pepper.